It is snowing and so very dark outside today. It is dark inside too. The FedEx delivery woman and I both agreed that it should not be snowing today. But it is. This photo is of our dining room table. See it bigger, it's prettier.
Before I get to the thank you part I want to say that if you don't already know about The Haystack Needle, the online home of Brooklyn-based home writer Jen Jafarzadeh, then get to know her! She has an awesome blog where she "...unites the expertise of her days as a home editor at Real Simple and the lifestyle editor at Redbook with her passion for home deign, handmade crafts, and greener living." Man, I wish that were my bio.
Hey, wait a minute. Before you go off and see her, check out why I'm thanking her:
First off, Jen, I owe you a huge thank you for contacting me about using some of my flickr photos. The first thing you did with one of them was this post reminding us all why we love Target + Orla. Hooray!
And second, I'm sending you a big huge hug and thank you for this post. I thought that you were just going to use a few of my images and had no idea that you'd devote an entire post to my old studio/workspace back in Houston. Thank you so much. You made my day... twice!
Okay, thanks for sticking around, you can all go check out her blog now!
Hello. (Sorry it's only 90% in focus, bad lighting and a wobbly photographer.)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. I’m the oldest.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I can’t remember. I’m so busy consoling Mark as he cries while we watch TV that I don’t know when I would have the time.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, but not everyone appreciates it. When I was learning to write in cursive my teacher didn’t like my handwriting because I wrote so lightly it was almost invisible.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Does grilled cheese count?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Nope. It’s just us two.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Let me get this straight. I would be me. And I would be me trying to be friends with me. I don’t see how that is possible. It sounds like that “I’m my own grandpa” song.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? I think we both get something out of the relationship.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No way. My sister and I had our tonsils removed at the same time. I was five and afterwards I wouldn’t speak to my friends because it messed up my voice. My voice came back but the tonsils are gone forever.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I’d like to think that I would, but I doubt it.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? A pacifist whole grain.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Only when they are the kind that tie way up high on your foot so that you can’t wrench them off without pain.
12. *This question was missing!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate Peanut Butter forever!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their right eye.
15. RED OR PINK? Anything but.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? The nail on the ring finger of my right hand. It was slammed in a car door when I was little and now it is slightly flat on one side.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss everyone all the time.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Yes, except for you. I don’t want to read yours.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Gray pants, tan shoes.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Ugh. Sonny Crockett. And yes, Mark’s controlling the TV line-up tonight.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I’d be a pencil.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Citrus, #2 candles I used to get from The Market in Houston, coffee beans, apples baking, snow.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I don’t really like to talk on the phone. Once I get going I’m okay but I never know how to end a call.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? He’s sitting next to me so I can’t answer right now.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I don’t care much unless I’m with someone who really loves the sport. I find their enthusiasm infectious.
27. HAIR COLOR? I’ve entered my brown phase.
28. EYE COLOR? My right eye is green.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope. I had laser surgery, twice actually.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? I believe that avocados are the perfect food.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Life with Mark is my happy ending so I go for the horror.
32. LAST MOVIES YOU WATCHED? "The Order of Myths," a documentary about the segregated Mardi Gras of Mobile, Alabama. I first saw it at a film festival, then re-watched it recently. (Yes, I did just copy mark’s answer to this one.)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black, it was my Halloween costume.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring and Fall please.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Air kisses.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? To a shorter questionnaire.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? “Where in the Bahamas?” (Ask Mark.)
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Marie Antoinette Queen of France
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? The mouse, duh.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? "Last Restaurant Standing"
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S). The silent pause while people figure out that yes, Mark is being facetious. And laughter.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Paint It Black baby!
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Seoul, South Korea.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can annoy Mark endlessly by doing the same lame thing over and over and over. It’s a gift.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? In the hospital.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Yours. (I was just kidding on #18.)
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? Our friend Diana introduced us.
49. YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD: Memes.
50. LAST TIME YOU FELT LIKE A KID? My skin is still baby soft!